Visit the Cloud this Saturday 9th February for an all-day celebration of Pacific Cuisine. Taste your very own piece of the islands at the Pacific Café, feast on fresh regional produce, unique artisan foods and specialty beverages and learn how to recreate the flavours of the Pacific with a live cooking demonstration by international award-winning chef Robert Oliver.
Enjoy the rich and robust flavours of coffee from the Pacific, sample specialty breads and other enticing delicacies in the Pacific café, including Pork belly & watercress ciabatta rolls with Hot Samoan Boys chilli sauce, Tuna Savante with wraps from Punjas and Heilala Vanilla-flavoured cupcakes.
At midday, award-winning international chef Robert Oliver will demonstrate and share his favourite Pacific inspired food creations, including Ota Ika, Sashimi Samoa and Iced Kofi.
Following his cooking demonstration, Robert Oliver will be available for a personal book signing of his award-winning cook book Me’ a Kai – The Food and Flavours of the South Pacific.
With more than 90 recipes, photos and stories that capture the essence of the Pacific, Me’ a Kai was the winner of the 2011 Best Cookbook in the World at the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards.
You can also browse, sample and buy a wide range of Pacific delicacies from the many food stalls, taking away seasonal quality produce for a slice of the islands to enjoy at home.
Plus, the stage will come alive with music & performance throughout the day with traditional and contemporary inspired performances including:
- Drums of the Pacific, the sound behind the New Zealand Warriors rugby league team at Mt Smart Stadium bringing their pulsating, high energy beats to Auckland’s waterfront
- Te Onu O Te Moana, Cook Island Drummers
- Tatau Dance Group, the dynamic Samoan male dance group whose performances are renowned for their blend of traditional and contemporary dance, fast pace and fun
- Ariki Vaine, a female dance group whose appealing, vibrant dance style is a fusion of the best Polynesia and the Pacific has to offer
- Ukulele string band Heimana Strings play a variety of traditional, catchy and uplifting Pacific music
- TAV and TeRa Fashion Show of unique Pacific designs
- RnB singer-songwriter Maree Sheehan whose style includes a hint of hip hop and a strong Māori influence through the use of traditional instruments and some te reo Māori lyrics
The Pacific Showcase offers a cultural extravaganza that will bring together all the best that the Pacific has to offer, from cuisine, fashion and jewelry to art, live performance and music.
The Pacific Showcase at the Cloud is open from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm and ENTRY IS FREE.
Saturday 9th & 16th February
Saturday 2nd & 9th March
Visit www.pacificshowcase.co.nz for full details