Due to pressure of work the following procedure will be followed for people wishing to get a police clearance. The only exceptions will be for urgent cases that were not known about in advance, such as funerals. These can only be approved by the Deputy Commissioner or Commissioner of Tonga Police. This will commence as of Monday the 2nd of December 2013.
Documents are required for the process of Police Record
- Original copy of IDs – Birth Certificate OR Passport. Copies must be certified as true copy.
- Marriage certificate if maiden name needs changing
- If applicant for a Police Record is overseas, he/she is required to provide fingerprint taken at the nearest/available Police Station (POLICE STATION ONLY) and send together with either one of the above documents mentioned on numbers 1 & 2.
- Payment for Police Record is at the Nuku’alofa Central Police Station together with either your passport, birth certificate and marriage certificate if required.
- Address MUST also be given to the cashier.
- Processing time – Every police record MUST take 4 working days with effect from date of payment e.g. if you pay on a Monday, you should be able to pick it up from the office where the payment was made at 2.00pm (not earlier) on Friday of the same week.
- Tongan citizen – TOP$1.73 (for local use only)
- Tongan citizen – TOP$5.75 (when required for overseas purposes only)
- Foreigners – TOP$17.25
For further details if required please do not hesitate to contact the Scene of Crime Office, Nuku’alofa Central Police Station at telephone number 22-790.