Valerie Adams has won the supreme gong at the NZ Pacific Island Sports Awards in Auckland tonight.
The champion shotputter, who this year collected a fourth world title at August's World Championships in Moscow, won the Pacific Sportswoman of the year award and the Supreme Sports Person award.
Up and coming heavyweight boxer Joseph Parker won the Pacific Sportsman of the year, while All Blacks Sevens captain DJ Forbes won leader of the year.
The New Zealand Black Sox, who in March won the softball world championship, were named team of the year.
Samoan rugby legend Peter Fatialofa, who passed away earlier this month, boxing great David Tua, who retired last week and Kiwis league great Kevin Iro were all notable recipients of the Legendary Lifetime Achievement awards.
Pacific Island Sports Awards winners
1. Young Sportsperson ; Gabrielle Fa`amausili.
2. Emerging Talent : Magan Maka.
3. Sports Admin: Dain Guttenbeil.
4. Coach of the year: Eddie Kohlase.
5. Team of the year: NZ Black Sox.
6. Leadership: DJ Forbes.
7. Public Choice: Christian Erick.
8. Sportswoman: Valerie Adams.
9. Sportsman: Joseph Parker.
10. Supreme Sports Person: Valerie Adams
Legendary Lifetime Achievement recipients
Fred Ah Kuoi
SOURCE: One Sport