Kahoua teenager dies after allegedly huffing “ados glue”

An 18-year-old male teenager from Kahoua allegedly died this week from inhaling “ados glue”.

The deceased was one of four young men believed to have been in the ages of 15, 16 and 18.

“…the chemical from the glue, had damaged the young man’s kidney, lungs, and liver,” Radio & Television Tonga news quoted Dr. Seventeen Toumo’ua as saying.

Only two of the men were admitted to Vaiola hospital including the deceased.

Concerns are growing for the well-being of the rest of the men who have yet to seek medical help from hospital.

Sometimes when a business is growing, it needs a little help.

Right now Kaniva News provides a free, politically independent, bilingual news service for readers around the world that is absolutely unique. We are the largest New Zealand-based Tongan news service, and our stories reach Tongans  wherever they are round the world. But as we grow, there are increased demands on Kaniva News for translation into Tongan on our social media accounts and for the costs associated with expansion. We believe it is important for Tongans to have their own voice and for Tongans to preserve their language, customs and heritage. That is something to which we are strongly committed. That’s why we are asking you to consider sponsoring our work and helping to preserve a uniquely Tongan point of view for our readers and listeners.

Latest news

Related news