‘Eua electrocution victim named

A man who died from an electric shock in a residence in ‘Eua has been named as Lingi Hafoka.

An inquest has confirmed the cause of death was electrocution.

It said the 52-year-old victim was trying to deal with a 4 ft fluorescent light tube that was not working on Thursday evening.

He was electrocuted outside his house where the light tube was installed.

It happened at his home in Ta’anga.

Sometimes when a business is growing, it needs a little help.

Right now Kaniva News provides a free, politically independent, bilingual news service for readers around the world that is absolutely unique. We are the largest New Zealand-based Tongan news service, and our stories reach Tongans  wherever they are round the world. But as we grow, there are increased demands on Kaniva News for translation into Tongan on our social media accounts and for the costs associated with expansion. We believe it is important for Tongans to have their own voice and for Tongans to preserve their language, customs and heritage. That is something to which we are strongly committed. That’s why we are asking you to consider sponsoring our work and helping to preserve a uniquely Tongan point of view for our readers and listeners.

Latest news

Related news