Two toddlers poisoned after eating hotdogs in Tonga

Two toddlers ages one and two-year-old were rushed to hospital in critical condition after eating hotdogs last night, but the children are now doing okay, a health official in Tonga said.

The officer at Vaiola Hospital said the Ministry of Health is investigating whether or not the poison was linked to  hotdogs  served as part of a refreshment at a funeral service in Ma’ufanga, Radio Tonga news reported.

Medical officer Lisiate ‘Ulufonua said about 10 people were also received at hospital last night after the report of food poisoning.

The Ministry of Health investigatiion continues.

Sometimes when a business is growing, it needs a little help.

Right now Kaniva News provides a free, politically independent, bilingual news service for readers around the world that is absolutely unique. We are the largest New Zealand-based Tongan news service, and our stories reach Tongans  wherever they are round the world. But as we grow, there are increased demands on Kaniva News for translation into Tongan on our social media accounts and for the costs associated with expansion. We believe it is important for Tongans to have their own voice and for Tongans to preserve their language, customs and heritage. That is something to which we are strongly committed. That’s why we are asking you to consider sponsoring our work and helping to preserve a uniquely Tongan point of view for our readers and listeners.

Latest news

Related news