Hunt for fatal Queen St shooting suspect and accomplice continues

By 1news.co.nz and is republished with permission

Police executed two search warrants this week against associates of Dariush Talagi as part of the investigation into the fatal shooting of 26-year-old Sione Tuuholoaki on Auckland’s Queen St.

Dariush Talagi and Tiari Boon-Harris (Source: 1News)

Detective Senior Sergeant Craig Bolton says the searches in Clendon Park and Māngere resulted in the arrest of a 25-year-old associate of Talagi for unrelated drugs offences.

He has since appeared in the Auckland District Court on drugs charges, including possession of cannabis for supply and supplies cannabis.

Hunt for alleged killer continues

Bolton says investigators remain committed to locating 24-year-old Talagi, who is wanted in connection to the August 3 incident that killed Tuuholoaki and critically injured another man.

Talagi has a warrant for his arrest for murder, as well as 23-year-old Tiari Boon-Harris, who is wanted for being an accessory after the fact.

“Police are working tirelessly to give the victims’ families answers and to put this pair before the Court,” Bolton told 1News.

“We continue to remind their associates in the strongest possible terms that we are still looking into, and following up, information that is being provided to us.

“Anyone found to be aiding or assisting the pair to evade Police in any way, may be liable to prosecution for being an accessory after the fact.”

Police advise that the pair not be approached and witnesses should dial 111 if they are spotted.

Man who died in double Queen St shooting named by police

A 32-year-old associate of Talagi was arrested on August 16 in connection to the shooting, and charged with unlawful possession of ammunition.

A search warrant executed last month also resulted in the arrest of a 24-year-old man, who has been charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and possession for supply of cannabis.

Sometimes when a business is growing, it needs a little help.

Right now Kaniva News provides a free, politically independent, bilingual news service for readers around the world that is absolutely unique. We are the largest New Zealand-based Tongan news service, and our stories reach Tongans  wherever they are round the world. But as we grow, there are increased demands on Kaniva News for translation into Tongan on our social media accounts and for the costs associated with expansion. We believe it is important for Tongans to have their own voice and for Tongans to preserve their language, customs and heritage. That is something to which we are strongly committed. That’s why we are asking you to consider sponsoring our work and helping to preserve a uniquely Tongan point of view for our readers and listeners.

Latest news

Related news