Five homes robbed on Auckland street in one night, man arrested

By 1news.co.nz and is republished with permission

A man has been arrested after a “brazen” night of five burglaries on a street in South Auckland earlier this week.

A file image of a police officer. (Source: 1News)

A 30-year-old man has been charged with burglary and unlawful interference, according to police, and has been remanded in custody.

On Monday, a person allegedly stole jewellery and tools, among other items, from the homes on Princess St in the suburb of Takanini.

Counties Manukau Police Inspector Joe Hunter said an alleged burglar “entered a number of properties along a shared driveway”.

“We received five reports from victims all along the same stretch of road,” he said.

“Our staff were very quick to identify the offender via CCTV footage, which was provided by the victims.”

Police urged homeowners to be “vigilant around locking windows and doors and that CCTV can be beneficial in providing additional home security.”

The 30-year-old man will reappear in Manukau District Court on January 22.

About The Author

Sometimes when a business is growing, it needs a little help.

Right now Kaniva News provides a free, politically independent, bilingual news service for readers around the world that is absolutely unique. We are the largest New Zealand-based Tongan news service, and our stories reach Tongans  wherever they are round the world. But as we grow, there are increased demands on Kaniva News for translation into Tongan on our social media accounts and for the costs associated with expansion. We believe it is important for Tongans to have their own voice and for Tongans to preserve their language, customs and heritage. That is something to which we are strongly committed. That’s why we are asking you to consider sponsoring our work and helping to preserve a uniquely Tongan point of view for our readers and listeners.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest news

Related news